News | Magnolia Home Remodeling
Basement Remodeling – An Affordable Way to Expand the Usable Space in Your Home
Have you ever wanted to add more space to your home? Well why not start with your basement? Instead of building up and onto your home, you can use your basement to expand the usable space in your home.
Before you decide that you want to call in a professional remodeling company, make sure that your basement is renovation-ready. If your basement is not less than 7 feet tall and does not have too many obstructions then you are probably ready for renovation. If you are unsure of whether or not your basement meets these specifications, it is best to call an inspector or, better yet, a professional renovation company like Magnolia Home Remodeling.
Basements are often ignored by homeowners and just used for unwanted storage because they do not realize that a renovation is affordable, easy, and within their reach.
Basement Remodeling Ideas
Basically if you can imagine it, a professional company should be able to make your remodeling vision a reality. There are many different things that can be done to make your basement look like a beautiful, new addition to your home.
To make the most of your basement consider the following Basement Remodeling tips:
- Add big windows and let a lot of natural light enter your once-dark basement.
- To match, paint the basement a warm, bright, and inviting color.
- Consider adding Feng Shui elements to improve the energy.
- Accentuate the strange angles and hide your water heater by adding walls and/or room.
- Create a themed room like a wine room, a movie room, a gym or an in-home bar to improve the livability of your home and increase its original resell price.
- Make a play room for your children to play in after school, right before dinner.
At Magnolia Home Remodeling, we specialize in all sorts of interior and exterior home renovation services. Moreover, they have the top brands of windows, siding, roofing, deck, masonry, bath, and kitchen products.
If you’ve decided that you’re interested in renovating your basement (or any part of your home for that matter), our New Jersey contractors at Magnolia Home Remodeling have over 25 years of experience in the field and can help you get started. Give us a call anytime at (855) 624-6655 or contact us via our website and we’ll be happy to help you out.